Our next stop will be Suriname. Sailing from Cabo Verde to Suriname is downwind sailing with the trade winds.
After monitoring the weather forecast, we postponed sailing to Friday. The wind forecast looks good throughout the days. However, the Wave direction is currently not in our favor; wind is coming from left rear but waves are coming from right rear. Having the wind and waves not in-sync, we know the sails won’t be happy, thus we won’t enjoy sailing, especially downwind sailing.
Based on the forecast, starting Thursday evening, the wind and waves will come from the same direction. It will be a bit stronger wind (20-25 knots) but having wind and waves pushing from same direction, we hope to surf downwind sailing. It is worth the time to wait for better weather; besides, we can have more fresh tuna until we sail out.